Monday, October 21, 2013

The Welcome Wagon

Hi guys! I'm excited to be here, even though nobody is probably reading this. It's my first official blog post and while I learn the ropes I'm taking this opportunity to document my writing process.

It seems like bookstore shelves are being overburdened by crappy, clichéd romance novels. I'm looking at you, Fifty Shades of Grey. And Twilight. Not all women want to be so dependent on a man they no longer function as a human being. So I'm setting out to finally write the next great American romance novel. One with magic, and romance, and desire, but without sacrificing the quality of the writing and without creating fakey one dimensional characters. No one in my book will sparkle or be worth a trillion dollars. They will, however, be gripping, fun to read, and they'll have the kind of chemistry that knocks your socks off.

Stay tuned. I'll keep updating this when I can.

Portia

0 comments: